Goals change, plans adjust, and the unexpected happens. There are a variety of reasons a business needs to change its location, name, and/or registered information. Whatever the reason, SCBOS is here to help with the information and resources your business needs for change.

Make your business changes at the following agencies and organizations:

South Carolina Department of Revenue (SCDOR)

Make changes to your SCDOR accounts:

Find answers to MyDORWAY questions or issues by calling 844-898-8542.

South Carolina Secretary of State (SCSOS)

File an amendment to your business registration or change the registered agent’s address with the South Carolina Secretary of State.

South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce (SCDEW)

Make changes to your SCDEW SUITS account:

Find answers to questions by calling 803-737-2400, ext. 3, option 3, option 4.

Internal Revenue Service (IRS)

Make changes to your IRS information:

  • Online at irs.gov, or
  • By phone at 1-800-829-4933.

Other South Carolina State Agencies

If you have licenses, permits, and/or registrations with other state agencies, contact those agencies.

County and Municipalities

If you have a license, permit, and/or registration with the county or other municipalities, contact the issuer directly. Many businesses have at least one local business license.