You must notify the following agencies – where/if registered – of your business closure to avoid unnecessary notices and bills to the business.

South Carolina Department of Revenue (SCDOR)

Close your SCDOR accounts:

Close an Alcohol and Tobacco account via the L-1278 Form.

Find answers to MyDORWAY questions or issues by calling 844-898-8542, option 2.

Internal Revenue Service (IRS)

Make changes to your IRS information:

  • Online at, or
  • By phone at 1-800-829-4933.

South Carolina Secretary of State (SCSOS)

Complete the appropriate form from the following list to dissolve/terminate your business registration, or cancel the authority to do business registration with the South Carolina Secretary of State:

Find answers to questions by calling 803-734-2158.

South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce (SCDEW)

Close your SCDEW SUITS account:

Find answers to questions by calling 803-737-2400, ext. 3, option 3.

Other South Carolina State Agencies

If you have licenses, permits, and/or registrations with other state agencies, contact those agencies.

County and Municipalities

If you have a license, permit, and/or registration with the county or other municipalities, contact the issuer directly. Many businesses have at least one local business license.